Thursday, June 30, 2011

More pics!

Okay, right side lightbar casing is finished, construction-wise. I need to get blue duct tape at some point... along with red, yellow, black, and white duct tape... I might even need to get paint.... Anyways, onto the pictures!

Top-down view.... the lightbar'll fill in what's empty space right now.

I derped when cutting out the side panel on one part, but since everything's going to be covered, it really doesn't matter.

Er... I really don't have anything to say about this one...

and finally, a general idea of where this part will go on the helm.


Both casings are done! And now that I look at 'em, I kind of want to make the "lightbar" parts actually light up...

Thursday, June 23, 2011

First picture....

Yes, this is really about as far as I've gotten... but it shows an important step. I made rough drafts of the pattern for the pieces I was going to cut out, in this case, the lightbar casings that go on either side of Deckerd's head. After a bit of finagling, I had a workable pattern that I cut from paper before attaching it to the posterboard. After that, I carefully cut out each piece, and labeled them with the part number, as well as the side they'd go on. This way, I won't lose track of which piece goes where. Once I have all the pieces cut out, I'll be doing a test fit to see whether I need to make any additional adjustments or not.

Friday, June 17, 2011

First Post.... Pictures later

This blog is to chronicle the making of my Deckerd costume.  Deckerd is one of the main characters in the anime "Brave Police J-Decker".

So far, my materials list is as follows:
-Poster board

Total cost so far:
-$1.50 for the posterboard, with five sheets in the package, so $.30 per sheet.... and I've used one sheet so far...